
So, the results of my informal experiment are in. When I eat raw, dark, leafy greens for dinner, I spring out of bed the next morning, full of energy. When I eat them cooked or don't include them in my daily diet at all, I have significantly less energy and I feel like lounging in bed all morning.

Here is a recipe for raw greens in a salad. Last night I used turnip greens, which I would describe as heartier than romaine lettuce and more delicate than bok choy, and a little more bitter than most salad greens, but overall not bad. We actually mixed the greens with some other baby lettuces we had in the fridge. And lucky for me, the bundle I got was so big that I have enough for a few days worth of salad.
Mess o’ Greens Salad With Warm Dressing
If you don’t have pecans, it’s still delicious. You can also add goat cheese, raisins or pears for more flavor.
6 cups fresh mustard, turnip, and/or collard greens (about 1 pound)
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. honey
1 T Dijon mustard
2 tsp. vegetable oil
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped or broken
Wash greens well, dry thoroughly, then remove and discard the long stems. Tear the greens into salad-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and mustard. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a small skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the vinegar mixture and pecans and cook, stirring regularly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the greens and serve at once.

'A' took the following photos today - yes, that's right, it's Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff!
I remember when we were tossing around names before 'H' was born and I was really excited about "Sydney" and my dad used the argument that Syd is an old man's name to try to sway me from using it. I still like that name, even after the "talking to" I received!

Snow tonight and tomorrow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment