
Today the girls and I ran a few errands, went to the gym (I hope to make the Friday pilates class a regular "thing"!) and then waited for the exterminator to come. He was really very normal, not at all shaky like some others I have met, and that tells me that he spends more time handling live animals and doing assessments and preparation than handling poisons. He cut a door through 'A's closet to the attic above the house, which we hadn't had access to. I was nervous for him, and for me, before he did it, and I told him so. When you know you have animals, and you know your roof needs repair, you never know what you're going to find when you cut into an attic. My fears were unfounded, and in fact he told me that there's quite a bit of insulation up there, despite the fact that Jeff and I are convinced we have NONE. It gets so cold here! Maybe we just need a few more years to get acclimated to the upstate NY winters :).
He did come downstairs with a "pet" flying squirrel and tried to show it to me. I said, "NO! Thank you, but no thank you." I asked him what he does with them. He said he releases them behind their building. So, if you've ever wanted a good reason to not live next door to an exterminator, here is one: they will release wild animals right next door to your house!

Today 'A' and 'H' colored all over 'A's new calendar with marker. I was very upset and disappointed. But luckily Jeff came home and put it all in perspective for me. If you ever want perspective, ask a man. He said, "so you're upset that your 1 and 3 year olds were acting like 1 and 3 year olds?" And with that, the situation was over.

Let's see if 'A' falls asleep OK tonight. She still needs an afternoon nap, but when she has one, she takes a while to fall asleep. And when she doesn't have one, she's very tired and isn't quite "right." For over a month I have been giving her a regular afternoon nap and she's grown over an inch! My mother always says that children grow in their sleep. I think what she means is that children need sleep to grow. I'm not sure they actually do their growing while their eyes are shut. Or do they?
0 comments:
Post a Comment