Sunday


Erma took a chunk of fur out of Grace's neck yesterday. I noticed it last night. There's a circle bigger than the size of a quarter on the back of her neck, furless. It's gross. I hope it grows back, otherwise she will be pretty gross looking for the rest of her life.


Snow today. I was scheduled to volunteer in the babysitting room at church today. It seems to snow every Sunday these days! We opted out of going to the first service as a family because 'A' has a runny nose and fever today. I went to the second service alone to watch the other kids.


A woman came in to nurse her one month old baby. It was her first baby and I told her that I gave her a lot of credit for sitting down and nursing comfortably in public so soon. It took me a little bit longer to get there with 'A'. She opened up about how unprepared she was for motherhood, that she feels so unproductive and frustrated, and she didn't realize how much work is involved with taking care of an infant. Oh boy, she's not alone! It's taken me almost 4 years to understand that being productive in a task-oriented way doesn't have to be a priority.


Waffles. Breakfast of champions.


I just found out about a Northwest Earth Institute course that will run at our church for the next few months. I'm so excited to sign up for it. The topic is "Healthy Children - Healthy Planet". The goals of the course are:

• To understand how the pervasive effects of advertising, media, and our consumer culture can influence a child's view of the world.

• To discover ways to create meaningful family times and healthful environments for children.

• To explore ways to develop a child's connection to nature, and to foster creativity.


Emily is getting married on April 25. She's taken a laid-back approach to wedding planning until recently. She doesn't have a dress yet, so Jennifer and I are planning to go shopping with her next weekend. I am starting to think that Jennifer and I are going to like this shopping expedition more than Emily! It's a lot of fun to plan a wedding after you've already had one!


Jeff made popcorn this afternoon and we enjoyed it while we watched the start of the Eagles-Cardinals game.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!