
The girls and I went on a field trip to a local dairy farm today. I knew almost immediately that it was a mistake to go. It made me really sad to be there. Then we saw the babies. They were lined up in pens. This one was pointed out to us because it was just born this morning. 'A' looked at me and asked, "Where is the mommy? Where are all the mommies?" Good question. We asked. Apparently the little calves are safer in the pens, being bottle fed, than they are with their own nursing mothers.
Now, for the afternoon, I get to answer the same questions over and over: "Why did that woman say that dairy is good for us? It's not good for me. Why do all of those people think it's good for them?" I don't know what kind of answer to give.
0 comments:
Post a Comment