I've finally found a phrase to describe our diet - "Plant based." It's more accurate than vegan, because we're not strict vegans (we eat honey, we wear wool and silk and we have leather seats in our cars, as well as leather shoes). We have a plant based diet.


I've learned a lot in the past few weeks about what a plant based diet means, and the more I learn, the happier I am with it. It's not just about our health, or the health of our planet.

We've finally got our protein intake down to a healthy level. Our sugar intake is lower than ever. I won't go into all of the reasons why I like this better than eating meat and dairy, but I'll leave you with this thought about the topic: the greenhouse gases from the meat and dairy industry are far greater than the greenhouse gases that come from all of the cars in the world.


Jeff's parents came to visit these past few days. They left today. They were "stopping by" on their way from Florida to Vienna. They're taking a trip up the Danube River with friends. Nice.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!