I should be embarrassed to write this...

Actually, I should say that my husband will be embarrassed that I wrote this post. I am fortunate enough that I don't get embarrassed, even when I should.

I just figured out how to tell which way to hold the USB cable when you insert it into your computer. The reason this is so embarrassing is because I am a web programmer and my husband is an absolutely brilliant network administrator and you might think that between us we are pretty computer-savvy. Well, he is, anyway.

For years now I have grabbed the cable and just shoved the end of it into the USB port, and when it didn't shove far enough, I would turn it around and try the other way. Oh my goodness, I can't believe it took me until tonight to figure out how to do it. Not only do they have a little picture on the actual cable that will help you out, but did you know that the front and the back of the silver part look different?

Front - note the 2 square holes:


Back - see those 2 square holes? They are white now!


So there you have it. You have no excuse now, I have made the mistake for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!