birthday extravaganza


here we go folks, we officially kicked off our "April Birthday Extravaganza" on Saturday. 'A's birthday party on Saturday, followed by her family celebration this week, followed by a special birthday snack baked by yours truly on Friday morning at preschool, followed by... no, we're not done yet... my birthday next week, then finally Jeff's birthday 6 days after mine. Whew! After that, we are done for a while... no celebrations for at least another few weeks, until of course our anniversary rolls around in mid-May and then it starts all over again.

The party yesterday was great. We were so happy to see everyone who came. The weather cooperated quite well and we played outside for a bit, then worked on a painted handprint craft, and played some more before settling down for cupcakes. We had a great time. 'A' had been looking forward to it all week, and she really enjoyed it.


Today Jeff, 'A' and I got outside to do some yard clean up while 'H' napped. It felt good to be outside, and we didn't even mind that there is still snow on the ground and some of the leaves are still frozen in place. I discovered a very neat thing about our Viburnums -- did you know that if you accidentally bury a low branch, it will grow roots, and you can cut the branch off the shrub and replant it somewhere else in your yard? I just learned that today. I suppose you could bury the low branch on purpose, too.


After 'H' awoke, we headed to a playground and park for some fun time.


They don't allow snowmobiles at the park, which is a good thing when you consider that it's all grassy there.


We saw Chris coming into the park on our way out.


'H's favorite part? The swings!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!