Huck Finn


Oh my, talk about a dichotomy. My photos from today and the energy from today do not match up.

In short, it looks like we played Huck Finn today, ambling along, looking at the trees, the ants and the dirt, breaking up all that looking with some time on the swing or a lay in the hammock.



Not quite. 'A' had preschool this morning and 'H' and I went for a walk in the park. She hates being confined to the stroller, so the walk wasn't really enjoyable for either of us. When we all got home at lunchtime, I was so excited to put them both to bed, or at least in their rooms for quiet time, so that I could break out my sewing machine (or "masewing sheen" as 'A' used to call it) and work on the shirt and pants I am making for 'A'.


I didn't have the chance. 'H' woke up screaming after a few minutes in her crib. This is the 4th day that she hasn't been able to sleep through a nap or the night. I brought her to the doctor. Sinus infection. Antibiotics. Hopefully she'll sleep tonight, although that is not likely since she has been screaming out in pain on the hour since she went to bed.


So, enjoy these photos that paint an idyllic portrait of our life, and know that reality doesn't resemble that at all.


Love, Jillian

PS: the hammock beckons. Maybe tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!