Friday!


Would you just look at that? She's wearing her baby in a sling and carrying her purse!!!

It's Friday! Tomorrow is 'A's third birthday party and we are very excited about it! We're having a small party with some of her friends. All of the books say that you should invite the number of children that equals the child's age plus one. So, that would mean that we would invite three children to her party. Only four total? I couldn't just have three kids over. Just think, four children playing quietly and well together... how boring! You know the saying -- it's not a party until someone cries!

So, we are expecting to have 9 toddlers & preschoolers and a few babies here. 'A' is friends with another girl named 'A' (yes, same name), and the other 'A' has two younger sisters who are just as close in age to my 'A' as the other 'A' is. My 'A' asks about the sisters just as much as she asks about 'A', and so when I sat down to talk to my 'A' about the party, she was thrilled to hear that 'E' and 'M' would be invited too. So, if we only wanted 3 other children here, then our guest list would have stopped after we invited 'A' and her sisters!


I tried to make yummy non-dairy, non-egg vanilla cupcakes and as I expected, my experiment failed. The cupcakes are edible but not delicious. It's really hard to bake without eggs! Eggs are a miracle ingredient in baked goods.


'A' grabbed the camera tonight during dinner and took some photos, including this one of Jeff. He looks pretty good, particularly when you consider the fact that he took 3 flights across the country last night to get home. And, of course, I haven't let him have more than a few seconds of rest since he arrived...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!