good manners today

This is where I took my kids today:


You can see that this house is inhabited by adults, and only adults. Children don't come here often...

...and this is what they did while they were there:


It's my neighbor's house. Blanca and Stanley just did a lot of work to their house because they are planning to sell it and move closer to their son and grandson in Arizona. She invited me over to see what they had done. So, the girls and I rushed home from 'A's gymnastics class and gathered up the cookie bar/bread thing I had made for Blanca (it's another made-up recipe, another "not bad tasting" snack that I made yesterday). We walked down the street and spent some time visiting. Blanca is the sweetest woman in the world, and I bet if I had a few more hours to kill, she would have kept me there talking all afternoon. They were really great with the girls and we had a good time.

On the way home we walked past this "bird house" mailbox, as 'A' called it. Pretty.


I learned a valuable bit of information today: I don't have to stay in the gymnastics room while 'A' has her class. That means I can drop 'H' off at the child care, drop 'A' off at class, and run upstairs to work out for a few minutes! I love it!

This is where I want to be right now - in my cozy, feathery, oh so comfy bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!