This photo is for you, Grandma Shelly. What do you think of her dress and super-cute tights?


We went to the Brookside Museum for a preschool field trip. It was our first trip there. Everything was a little over their heads in that big group. It's hard to understand the concept of "history" when you're 3 years old, and learning about it in a big rowdy group doesn't help. I try to talk about it when we're alone - now that Thanksgiving is rolling around, we talk about the Pilgrims (and the fact that she's related to one - William Bradford) and why we celebrate Thanksgiving. It's hard for her to understand it even when we speak one-on-one.


The museum had a craft for the children, and they all got to make their own Corn Doll. Way back when, back in 1824, little kids made their own dolls out of dried corn cobs. 'A' loves her doll and I may make a fabric skirt for it so that it will be a little more sturdy. I'm wondering when it will start to go moldy. Will it?


Here is a photo of 'H' with her special friend from 'A's class. 'P' adores 'H' and always drops everything as soon as she sees her, just so she can run over and give her a hug. It's really sweet. 'H' is quite popular in her sister's preschool class actually. She loves the teachers and they love her too. She is going to be more than ready to go to school when it's her turn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!