
Look at this - snow flurries! Can you even believe it?
I'm trying to make both girls nap this afternoon. Today is my big cooking day. Tomorrow I have a MOMS Club new member tea at my home in the afternoon, so I'm preparing tomorrow's dinner today so that I can just focus on the tea tomorrow afternoon. And I'm preparing tonight's dinner today because I'll be at the gym this afternoon and won't have time to get home and cook it all in time. And I'm making some muffins for the tea. Whew! I suppose it would help if I were in the mood to cook today. At least the oven is warming up the house - I have the heat set at a chilly 62 degrees.

I'm still moving along with my soft tree project and I'll let you know how they come out!
I spent $96 at the grocery store yesterday. I'll probably have to go back for more fruit at the end of the week. This is what's for dinner this week:
Monday
Roasted butternut squash and shallot soup with basic beer bread and steamed broccoli
Tuesday
Roasted fall vegetables with olive tapanade and goat cheese in a whole wheat-cornmeal crust, served with salad
Wednesday
Pizza night: one with cheese and sauce for me and Jeff, and one with sauce and grilled zucchini for all of us
Thursday
Orecchiette with red sauce and rice-lentil balls (vegan version of meatballs), served with salad and steamed broccoli
Friday, Saturday and Sunday are still question marks.
I think I am finally coming out of the DTs from caffeine withdrawl! My headache is gone, I'm not exhausted anymore, and I have energy again. Goodness, caffeinated coffee is a stronger drug than I realized.
0 comments:
Post a Comment