
Reason #63 why my sister Emily and I should not be in charge of planning family holiday functions:
She called today to talk about Christmas (she's hosting part of it).
Me: "Do you think we can make it vegan this year?"
Emily: "Sure. But do you think the others will mind?"
Me: "Of course not. What's not to like?"

Emily has been an on-again, off-again vegan. When she's off, that means she's eating cheese and eggs, but not animal meat. She's very health conscious and socially aware, and that is where her vegan/vegetarian viewpoint comes from. Funny, because when we were little, I didn't care for meat and she couldn't get enough of it.

Jeff and the girls are napping. It just started downpouring here and it's nice and still in our home at this moment.

I just found a local meditation group that I'm going to try out. It meets once a week in the evenings, and now that Jeff is back full-time, I will have the opportunity to go. Emily introduced me to meditation years ago. She was part of a meditation group on Cape Cod. They met regularly and then they all went to stay at an ashram in the northern part of India. Emily went twice for an extended stay.

I'm looking forward to carving out some meditation time.

Movie night tonight with the girls!
0 comments:
Post a Comment