
Last night I made a butternut squash and marshmallow dish for the kids and just before I used all the of the squash in that dish, I set some aside so we could make squash and chocolate chip muffins today. Yum!

I used a vegan recipe and I vegan-ed it out even more by using all whole wheat flour and wheat germ in addition to the flaxseed. I figure between all of those brown flaky ingredients, something has to be good for us, right? The girls love them and have been begging for more all day.
The corn doll watched me cook...

'A' just turned a corner and is approaching my favorite age. She's 3 and a half now. 4 is my favorite age. If I could only be with one age group for the rest of my life, I would pick 4 year olds. Their thought process is just amazing. They start to understand why and how things work. She's just about there and it's wonderful. I have been spending significantly more time playing with her lately and we're both really enjoying each other. Interestingly, at the same time, she's been testing the limits with her behavior. It's almost like she needs more of my involvement than ever now.
'H' got all dressed up in her princess skirt and necklace all by herself. What a big girl she is!

I want to sit down sometime and figure out how much grocery money I've saved these past two months. I've pretty much cut out meat, wine and now coffee, and I am sure I haven't been spending as much at the store. I cut out coffee because every time I would take a sip, my bladder would burn and I needed to run to the ladies room. Not much fun! I cut out wine because I was drinking it not for fun, but to unwind, and it left me feeling disconnected from my children and myself. I cut out meat because I am a natural vegetarian and I only eat meat because Jeff likes it. But in reality, he can be more of a vegetarian than I am, so we've been making the transition pretty easily. It's all good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment