Another snow day! And the forecast for tomorrow calls for even more snow. I still don't mind the snow - as long as Jeff is here to clear the driveway! Seriously though, where I grew up in Connecticut (Norwich) it didn't snow nearly as much as it does here, and when it did snow, it melted within a few days. We didn't get to enjoy it like we do in upstate New York. I know that a lot of people don't like to deal with the snow, but for me, it's still a novelty.
My mother and stepfather arrived today to spend a few days celebrating Christmas together. They live on Cape Cod and since it's a 5 hour drive, we don't see them very often. I have to make more time to visit. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's nice for them to visit - my cats are really enjoying their company too. Both Erma and Grace have been out all evening, asking for rub-downs from my mom and cuddling up wherever the opportunity arises.
We played in the snow for a little bit today while Jeff worked his snowblower magic on the driveway. It was cold, cold, cold outside! 'H's little cheeks got all red and I tried to take her inside but she insisted on staying outside. Not like she wanted to roll around in the snow, though. She wanted me to carry her around the whole time. I thought, "let me get this straight: you don't want to go inside even though it's freezing cold, and you don't want to get down on the ground either? You just want me to hold you outside the whole time?" You've got to love her, she is so opinionated!
I just finished reading Eat Pray Love and Jeff is almost done with the most recent Harry Potter book. It's a fat book. Each book in the series gets fatter. Eat Pray Love was great. It really spoke to me. I highly recommend it if you feel like you're fully embracing your second Saturn cycle.
I'm breaking all of the no-egg rules tomorrow: baked blueberry french toast for brunch, followed by a holiday dinner of crab stuffed flounder (egg is in the stuffing) and latkes (with eggs!). MMMMMMM.... I am so looking forward to it! I know I'll be in a daze on Monday because of it.
Not only am I enjoying the eggs, I bought a pound of butter in honor of my mother's visit and I am thoroughly enjoying this guilt-free window of opportunity to eat it. I love butter!
Jeff got an iPhone. I want to steal it and play with it all day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment