
Snow today. We got several inches - I haven't been outside to see what it's like yet. Jeff worked from home today and it was really nice to have him here safe and sound. I made sugar cookies and when the girls woke up from their naps, they sat down to frost them...
'A' was a serious Cookie Froster. She took her job very seriously. She frosted as many as she could before stopping to eat one.

'H' preferred to eat straight out of the frosting bowl. Hardly any frosting made it onto her cookie!

Erma relaxed today, as usual.

So did Grace.
I didn't. I spent today getting ready for a visit from my mother and stepfather. They're coming here to celebrate Christmas tomorrow and we're looking forward to seeing them!

Today 'A' wrote a letter to Santa asking for a booster seat for the car. Last week, Santa came to her classroom, and Jeff had mentioned that she should ask him for a booster seat, since she has wanted one for a few months now (she asks EVERY TIME she gets in the car) and her chances of getting one are very good. She forgot to ask him. Actually, she didn't speak to him, so of course the topic never came up between them. Afterward, she was upset and wondered if she should write him a letter. Today was the perfect day to do that. The letter is really cute - I told her what letters to write, and I will have to take a peek and add my own translation to it because you would never know what it says unless you were sitting right there, watching her write it.

Here is a photo I just found of the cold cash my mom keeps in the freezer. Doesn't everyone?
0 comments:
Post a Comment