
We've been lazy today and we couldn't be happier about it. Jeff and I are normally very busy on the weekends, and we did have some good intentions when we woke up. We jumped out of bed and went for a family walk around the neighborhood to get a little exercise. We walked and talked. "Do you want to go to the county fair today?" "What a good idea!" ... But somehow the day slipped away, and before we knew it, we were sitting in front of the misting fan with our feet in the kiddie pool, playing with the girls. Then we moved the party inside to the cool air and somehow starting making frozen strawberry margaritas, and after that, the day was DONE.
We needed this down time together. It had been a few days since we had all seen each other.

Some of these photos were taken on our last day at the Cape. 'H' woke up bright and early and we went out to watch the sun come up over the bay.

On the way home from the Cape yesterday, I took a detour off the Mass Pike and went to Amherst to visit the Eric Carle Museum. I recommend going there without children, just because there are some neat things to see and it's hard to concentrate if you're running around after little people who keep popping out of the stroller. Or maybe go with another adult. I was disappointed that they didn't have any frame-worthy posters of his work for sale. They did have signed prints, but they were all priced a little high for my wallet - a few hundred dollars apiece. I have been eyeing the Eric Carle prints at the Saratoga Library and it would be so nice to have some of his work for the girls' bedrooms or the upstairs play area.

It was nice to take a drive through Northampton and Amherst again. It was like I never left. At first I thought, "I really want to move back here, this place is great!" But then I thought about all of the great things about where I live now. The Valley is great, but it is a little too hipped-out for everyday living. At least for me.

Happy Birthday, Cathy! In all of the busy-ness, it slipped my mind!




0 comments:
Post a Comment