Wednesday

Photos from the previous week


I'm starting to wonder about the effects of certain foods on my mind and body. Take eggs, for instance. When 'A' was diagnosed with an egg allergy, I eliminated them from my diet and immediately felt mentally clearer. "Really?" people would say. "I've never heard about eggs causing trouble with thinking." Over time I have found that if I eat an egg one day, I am foggy the next. Weird. I stay away from eggs.

Now I'm starting to wonder about carbs. We all know about the Atkins and South Beach diets and how the typical American diet contains too many carbs. I'm wondering if carbs affect my mental clarity in addition to my weight gain/loss. When I think about the times in my life when I haven't eaten many carbs, I realize that I was not only thinner, but I was much sharper than I am now. I have felt so tired and scattered these past few years, and I realize that a big part of that is where I am in my life (I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and I spend all day with them...). But I wonder if carbs are muddling up my thoughts.

I'm going to try a little diet experiment and see what happens.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!