
This is our cat Grace. She's actually my cat - she likes me, and only me. She's a princess, and has been since the day I met her. I got her 8 years ago at a vet in Enfield, Connecticut. Distemper had swept through a local animal shelter and almost all of the animals, including Grace's mother and baby siblings, died. Grace was one of the lone survivors. I went to the vet's office because I was interested in getting a kitten and they had a few for sale. When I met Grace, she immediately snuggled into my neck and I knew we were meant for each other.
Eight years later, she still snuggles into my neck when I hold her.
BTW, the reason I wanted a kitten was because I thought Erma, my fat cat (who is almost 15!) would lose some weight if she had a playmate. I was wrong. So I instead of 2 fit, active cats, I ended up with a princess and an obese, reclusive cat. Oh well, you can't win everything!
Cheers to my dad and Marilyn who got a cat from their local animal shelter over the weekend. Her name is Katie and she's 5 years old. They enjoy having cats, so she will like it at their home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment