
I'll be the first to say it: my life is good, really good. I have a great husband and two wonderful daughters. I am fortunate that I get to spend all day, every day with my girls. I love to cook, and I am able to use my creativity every day in the kitchen. I love to live in a clean and organized home, and lucky me, I have a home that I spend a lot of time cleaning and organizing.
But wait a second, does all of that really sound like a heavenly, delightful existence? Not all the time. I mean, who wants to fold laundry, scrub bathtubs, make several meals, wash dishes, etc, etc... every single day? And as much as I love my children, it's a lot of work to be with them all day, every day. There comes a point when it's just too much to ask me to sing Wheels on the Bus one more time.
Every once in a while I get bogged down by reality and I start feeling really sorry for myself. I feel overwhelmed by all there is to do. In addition to my life as a mom, home organizer and wife, I am on the board of my local MOMS Club and I am working part time for my 2 separate companies - designing websites and clothing. 'H' still wakes up at night, and I feel like I haven't slept in years. Actually, that's a true statement. I haven't slept in years.
It's helpful for me to spend a little time being the queen of my pity party, and then I regroup and remember how wonderful my life is. I really do love it, dirty dishes, piles of laundry and all.

0 comments:
Post a Comment