more projects from yesterday

Here are two more things we (I) finished up yesterday -


This was quick and easy. It's just fabric stapled to a canvas and I used acrylic paint to make the letter A.

Below is the distressed mirror project. This mirror is made of of 3 separate mirrors that came into our lives about 3 years ago. Chris and Sue had just bought their apartment in White Plains and while Jeff and I were on the grand tour, they showed off the nursery and talked about taking down the 3 mirrors and getting rid of them. As you can imagine, I wasted no time in loading them into my car. Dick, my stepfather, made the frame for them, and we painted it with a coat of white spray paint. The mirror hung over 'A's changing table when she was a baby. When we moved here, it became a transient wall hanging, going from wall to wall, until a few days ago, when we decided it would look good in the kitchen.


We decided to give it a weathered look -- I started it off by accidentally dropping it on Saturday, cracking the frame. We then applied a light, rough coat of black/brown paint.


Then we applied a coat of light yellow and sanded it.



We weren't crazy about that look, so we added a coat of yellow to match the walls and sanded some more:



I'm not sure it's finished. I'm going to put some plants up around it and then decide if I like it. Actually, it's not the mirror I'm questioning, it's the color of the wall behind it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!