
This is my little collection of stationery and note cards. I keep most of my note cards in the box that is covered with printed paper. I keep boring white envelopes in the paper bag printed with pink and orange flowers. When I was younger, I was an avid letter-writer and I had a much larger assortment of printed papers. Now that the email age is here, I don't write as much. But I still love paper as much as ever. Paper is my weakness. I love to feel it and I love the way ink interacts with it.
My grandfather was a printer. I'm sure the paper fascination is in our genes.
I like to look at pretty things. Jeff and I actually had a disagreement once when I said that. He probably doesn't remember it. We were living in New York City at the time and we were walking up one of the Avenues. We were walking for exercise and we had a long way to go, so I asked if we could cross over and walk up 5th Avenue because I preferred to look at pretty things while I walked. He misunderstood me a little and thought I was being elitist, but really, I just wanted to look at pretty store windows while we walked. We did cross over and walk up 5th and it was as nice as I had expected it to be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment