tastes of summer!


Remember summertime? This shish kabob pit was dug by our friends Kurt and Tracy at their house in the Catskills last summer. It was a great way to cook food for a crowd. Not particularly childproof if you have a lot of kids running around, but it was definitely festive and colorful. They had a "bring your own stuff to skewer" party and we all loaded up the pit.

We watched the Superbowl last night and had a lot to eat and drink. Chris and Sue came over with their boys and we rooted for our teams (they're all from New York, can you guess who they wanted to win?). This morning we're going to a little Spanish lesson for children. Have a great day, and I hope you had a good time watching the football game last night, even if your team didn't win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!