Feeling Grateful


'A' doned her gardening gloves today and helped us out in the yard. She is so cute and so proud of her work!


I've been hearing myself complain too much lately, and I'm tired of my bad attitude. I haven't been feeling as grateful as I would like. I have a great life. I have a healthy, wonderful family, supportive and genuine friends, and the prospect of many happy years ahead. I really don't have anything legitimate to complain about.

So, I've decided to take the "No Complaining" challenge that a minister from the midwest started. The goal is to go 21 consecutive days without uttering a complaint. If you do complain, you have to start all over again from day one.


This morning, Jeff took the girls out for a few hours so I could sew. What a treat! I also took some time during 'H's nap to take 'A' to the grocery store - just the two of us. What a delight, spending alone time with my daughter.


Have a very happy Mother's Day tomorrow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!