


One of the neat things about the internet-age is the fact that it’s possible to capture all kinds of information about people. If you don’t think personal information about you is out there, think again. Remember when you received a replacement credit card in the mail after info about your credit card account was stolen from Hannaford? The information is out there, you just have to be privy to it.
My blog is hooked up to a statistics page. I can’t tell exactly who visits, but I get a general sense of the audience. For example, I might have visits from “Ballston Spa,” and that could be one of several people. I can’t tell exactly who visits. What I can tell, however, is how they arrive at the site. There’s nothing particularly noteworthy about the way that most people arrive and where they come from, and in general, I don’t pay much attention to it. Unless of course you are coming from “Long Island City” and you arrive at the site through an old link that came from a Google search “9th Street Baby.” If that’s the case, I know exactly who you are and I know how often you visit. I also know what pages you look at. The only things I don’t know are why you visit as often as you do and what you are coming for.
0 comments:
Post a Comment