the original fluffball

This cat knows just how to relax...


I got my web application running today :) That was a good reason for a celebration...


I am very unhappy with the web hosting company this client is with, Aplus.net hosting. Their support is the worst I have ever seen. I had everything running and I knew that all of the major bugs were gone. When my pages wouldn't load, I knew it was something little that was throwing the error. Sure enough, the directory that they said they set as my root directory was not actually the root directory, so I couldn't load my pages out of it.

Essentially, the application is a back-end for an antiques dealer. They have a website where they display items that are currently in their store, and they need a way to upload information about the items. That's what I'm doing. I wrote it in ASP.Net and it runs great on my local computer but got hung up with errors when I put it on the server. It has really stressed me out this week and consumed a lot of my energy. I am so happy that I can now move on to the next stage of the development process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!