After some discussion and thought, the preschool decision has been made. We still can change our minds, but we've chosen a path to head down.

First, I visited the Montessori school today. There was a lot that I liked. It was very... Montessori. What I didn't like - and I still can't get over - is the price. $6,000! For a year of half day preschool! Yes, that's right, $6K. It isn't worth that much. Is there a preschool worth that much? Maybe in other places, for other people. Not for us.

Our final decision is one that I am very happy with. Neither 'A' nor 'H' will be enrolled in a formal preschool program next year. Their teacher will be *me* and we will continue to do all of the neat stuff we do now, only with a little bit more structure to it (hidden meaning: I won't be running errands whenever it suits my needs, and we will have a regular volunteer gig in town). I am thrilled. My children are just children, and they belong with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!