Snow! Kind of...


That's my girl! Checking for fresh animal tracks in the snow.

We did get a wee bit of the storm that hit the east coast today. An inch? Maybe less? Enough to freshen up the little bit we had on the ground from last week, but not enough to make me really happy. It's okay, we'll get it all in March and April, I'm sure.


'A' is a little better, enough to at least say she's on the mend. We're all having "Quiet, Alone Time" right now. I stopped enforcing it around Christmastime, and am so happy I'm back to it. We all need it so much. We each go into a separate room and do our own thing for an hour or so. There's no noise in the house, no talking, no music unless the girls want to sing or make music on their own. I'm an introvert, so I crave quiet time alone to recharge. It helps me to have the mental, emotional and physical "space" I need. Sometimes it's a challenge to get them to play separately during that time, but all in all, it's a welcome part of the day.


Outdoor fun was followed up by a frosted brownie treat, just for kicks. I love treats that are just for fun.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!