a wonderful day....


What a wonderful day!

We attended our Unitarian Universalist service and the girls each received a pot of daffodils during the service. It's springtime! UUs may not celebrate Easter but we do celebrate new life, emotional rebirth and all things that Mother Nature touches.


I spent the afternoon outside with the girls, cleaning up the yard and getting outdoor furniture ready for the nice long warm season ahead. All this warm weather is getting me excited about cooking again. A trip to the Farmer's Market yesterday yielded the same produce we've been seeing for a while: beets, onions, mixed greens, and potatoes... but this week, I'm inspired to cook differently. Tonight we enjoyed a gourmet dinner composed of roasted potato wedges with fresh rosemary; roasted beets; crushed cannellini beans with sauteed garlic and olive oil; mesculin greens with dried cranberries and a homemade dressing of shallots, honey, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil; sliced baguette; and local goat cheese to mix with everything. Delicious, just delicious!


Above is a photo of our bedroom in its current state. We had wet walls, so Jeff ripped them out. We patched the moisture sources and now it's time to get the walls back up. It takes time to get it all done! For now we're camping out with 'A' and 'H' in their bedrooms.


So, it's time for an update on the "no-poo" routine. It's been 5 days since I last used shampoo. I've tried a few different things: just water; baking soda paste with a cider vinegar rinse; and today I used Jeff's peppermint castille soap with a vinegar and cold water rinse. I understand that there might be a few weeks where my hair looks a bit oily, before it all evens out. It's not that bad yet. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I was wondering where my hair dryer fit into the plan. My question was answered today when my hair dryer sparked and burnt out as I started to use it. I guess that answers it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!