lots of fun this weekend!


We had a great family weekend, full of some new experiences (family kayaking along Fish Creek, me in one boat with 'A' tucked up front, and Jeff in the other boat with 'H'), and some familiar experiences too (hanging out with friends outside the SPAC gates, listening to Sting perform). The girls loved kayaking and the 3+ hours we were in our boats flew by. I woke up Sunday morning and dug myself some dandelion roots to make a warm decoction before our UU service. It helped with the headache I had from that extra glass - or two - of wine the night before. I washed 3 good sized roots, chopped them up, added them to 1.5 cups of water and simmered for 30 minutes. Dandelion root is excellent for detoxification.


I mapped out the autumn activities for 'A' and 'H' and already I'm feeling the pressure about the summer ending and the activities beginning. Yes, it's true I sign them up for all this stuff, but wow is it a lot! Dance classes, gymnastics, art classes, swimming lessons, Girl Scouts, 4-H and that's on top of our regular trips to the farm, trips to the gym, State Park activities, field trips, and more. I'm savoring days like today when I say, "what should we do today?" and we can decide as we go along. This fall we won't have any days without activities scheduled. No days where we don't get into the car. But on the bright side, the girls love the way they spend their time and that's what is most important to me.

I hope your day is going just the way you want it to.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!