cooking on Sunday


Jeff made candy apples with the girls today. They're very excited to eat them tonight and I'm excited for them. Now that they made them and I tasted the candy, I know why I never thought to make them at home. The corn syrup sweetness is sooo not my thing. The apples are almost as unappealing as Candy Corn.

Luckily, I won't be around for the candy apple feast, because I'll be at my small group tonight, meeting with some thoughtful women to discuss life issues. For this group, I took time today to make apple muffins, a new recipe, one that turned out quite well.


I had the most wonderful dream last night. 'A' and 'H' asked (as usual) for our coin jar so they could play with the coins. I said yes (this never happens in real life). We ended up at my mother's house, at the Cape, out on the flats at low tide. The girls had great fun tossing the coins in the air, burying them and finding them over and over again, and scattering them everywhere. Before long, the tide started to come in. The sun was low in the sky, and it hit the surface of the water in a way that made everything sparkle. Big, bright sparkles were all around. I saw the scene from above, and what I saw were coins scattered for miles, as far as the eye could see, surrounded by shimmering sparkles. When I looked closer, I saw that the coins had grown in both size and denomination. The pennies because giant $100 coins. The dimes were enormous and the quarters were even bigger. What made me so happy was understanding that none of it was for us anymore. It was there for anyone who needed it. Whoever needed money to buy food or shelter could come and take some of this gigantic, sparkling money and use it to fulfill their needs. My girls had taken something of ours and in the process of enjoying it, they watched it grow, and it became something far bigger than what it had been.

The funny thing is, although the dream was about money, I don't think the money represented money to me at the time. I think it represented ideas, thoughts and feelings. I woke up with the feeling that my family had done something magical to change the world for the better. Wow, what a great feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!