'H' cried the whole time


'H' cried the whole time at the farm today, as evidenced by this photo. It is a real drag to try to enjoy a peaceful farm and put veggies in my bags when I have a screaming 2 year old attached to me. I tried to put her down but to no avail. In our house, the rule used to be, "No crying on Tuesdays." For some reason I set that up when 'A' was 2 and it worked. I guess I need to change it to, "No crying on Wednesdays, either."


We got:

kale
baby bok choy
garlic scapes
radishes
green leaf lettuce
spinach

The share starts small (and leafy green) and grows throughout the summer. For dinner I made fettucine with garlic scape pesto (garlic scapes, olive oil, and walnuts mixed together in the food processor), with some sauteed kale mixed into the pasta dish. I have asparagus in the fridge and I meant to offer it as a side dish but I was so rushed that I forgot. It's funny, I used to be so concerned with having at least one vegetable or salad with dinner, but now that fruits and vegetables are part of the main show in all of my meals, I'm more relaxed about having a side vegetable all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jillian. I started this blog as a way to experiment with my camera and it's a become a nice little spot where I enjoy spending time. I'm a mother to 6 and 4 year old daughters, wife to a cool computer guy, and mama to a cuddly cat. We enjoy eating local, organic food; managing several food allergies; homeschooling with love; spending time in nature; and we love to take time each day to be creative. You can also find me over at From Scratch Club from time to time. Welcome!